Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sweet Tooth



Since I've said goodbye to the long traffic consumed rides and the never ending work weeks, I've been enjoying so much more free/me time.
So what do I do with all that time?
I bake with things fresh from my fathers garden.
It always been a dream of my hippie side, to be self sustained and I'm not there yet but when the majority of a dish was grown in your own garden, it does give you a sense on ownership and fulfillment I've made a handful of goodies but only one I have repeated a couple of times and I'm sure my tight skirts and shirts are showing it.  Today ill be sharing my somewhat perfected, but very delicious, Zucchini Bread recipe. It has quickly become a stable in our family's kitchen and I hope you'll love it too!

INGREDIENTS:
3 1/2 Cups of Zucchini (keep the juice)
3 medium eggs
4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups of flour (a little extra for buttering and flouring the pan)
1 cup (or more!) of crushed pecans


TOOLS
1 large loaf pan(or two smaller ones)
1 whisk
1 rubber spatula

Step uno; Preheat oven to 355° F

Step dos:  mix thoroughly the sugar and oil, then add the remaining wet ingredients to the mix except the Zucchini.

Step tres: Mix all the dry ingredients together. Sift if possible.

Step quatro: Slowly add the dry to the wet mixes, and then add the zucchini and pecans at the end. make sure to leave some pecans for the top of the bread for decor.

Step cinco: Place in loaf pans of choice and in to the oven it goes for 45-60 minutes. Keep an eye on it and just do the toothpick technique till it come out clean.

Step seis: Let bread cool, then ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment