Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Happy fall y'all!
This morning I woke up to the soothing trickling of the rain outside my window that I accidentally left open. thank goodness I didn't sleep with my hair wet or I might not be feeling so good right now.
Anyways its quiet evident now that Autumn is finally here! I don't care what anyone says this season is definitely the best. The chilly boot and sweater wearing weather is what I look forward to all year long. 
Whats your favorite season?
 I'm sure by now you knowhow there is a time and season to everything in our life as well. 

"To everything there is a season and a time to
 every purpose under the heaven."
Ecclesiastics 3:1

So today not only can I feel the physical change in a season but also internally in my soul. I have found myself being more alert lately and being able to make better decisions for my life and Arias. I was realizing the other night how before I used to go with the flow and see where my choices would take 
me but a lot of the time not only were they wasting my time but the time of the people around me as well.
Now, I feel so aware of my surroundings and I am more sensitive to what I think is Gods purpose for me. I really believe that our conscious or gut feelings, if allowed, can be the voice of God guiding us in the right direction.
I don't know if its something that comes with age or if certain experiences and circumstances are what bring up such thinking. Regardless of what it is I'm learning more about myself now than ever.

The fallowing is a little personal so brace yourself. I have not officially dated anyone for about 3 years or so, and even with that "relationship" it was not the healthiest per say. I feel perfectly fine about it and its not to say I haven't talked or attempted to put myself out there, it just hasn't happen. Either its cause the stars haven't aligned or the "one" just hasn't brushed by
 (I don't believe in the one but that's another story) whatever the case has been I'm still single.
Over the last couple of months I've herd so many people telling me that its time for me to start thinking about sharing my life with someone, and other very few people that support my independence. I know that MOST people don't say it in a bad way, I know they just want what is best for me. But what I have realized, that a lot of ladies and gents haven't yet, is that I don't want to settle.

 Although I would like to take credit for this idea, sadly it wasn't. It was 
passed on to me through an.. acquaintance that I cared about dearly. This person was given word by God to tell me not to settle. That I had to wait for what was ideal for me and my daughter. And that I would know when that person was around. And this my friends is why I don't even think about giving certain guys a chance. Its not cause I'm playing hard to get or cause I think I'm too good for anyone. Its cause I take this word seriously. And I wish others did too.

     I'm not saying that people that marry early or very quickly are settlers. That's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that I think its important to acknowledge what your non-negotiables are and set boundaries and characteristics to what it is you're looking for and don't settle for anything less.
Our time is precious and our minutes are counted. YES we can learn from our mistakes and YES they are what makes us who we are. But for love, for finding the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, I think that we should take a more responsible approach to it. 

I am a single mom and I have no contact with the biological father,
 I DEFINITELY don't regret my daughter, not one bit! But I do              sometimes wish I had made better choices. I share this in hope to maybe inspire someone that might be trying to rush into a relationship. Praying that you wait rather then settling.

 In my season of singleness and independence I'm learning to embrace it. I am not in any hurry to find that complimenting partner and there is no reason for me to rush into anything right now. But when I am ready I know that he will be exactly what I have been looking for no exceptions. This might sound kind of delusional, especially to people who jumped the gun and are buying into the idea that no one is perfect and that living in a miserable relationship is just part of life.
(to each his own)I will just end this post with a quick verse in regards to my season:

"For now we see in the mirror indirectly, but then we will see face to face, now I know in part,but then I will know in fully, just as I have been fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12

Blessings,
Jazmin

No comments:

Post a Comment